Sunday, April 30, 2017

18

Hello beautiful humans. It's not a Wednesday today, but it is a special occasion. Namely, my birthday. My eighteenth birthday! I'm legally old enough to get married, vote and get a tattoo. Not that I'm planning on doing any of those things. No, what I am in fact doing is sitting on a chair attempting to muster up the bravery of honest words. Because in my 18 years of living I have discovered that that is how I want to use my influence. I want to make a difference by speaking transformational words of truth. And on this birthday I thought it would be fun to do an 18 facts about me at 18 post, just so I could establish my voice a bit better on this darling little blog, and kick off into my resolution of posting regularly. Let's get into it :)

1. If I were a food I think I would be dark chocolate. Whenever I eat dark chocolate, I feel understood by the poetry of that delectable confection. Haha.

2. My favorite author is L.M Montgomery, popularly known as the author of the Anne of Green Gables series. I have read her books countless times, and each time I read one of her charming literary creations I am inspired to be a better person. I always come away from her words feeling that life does have beauty in it.

3. My best friend is my adorable, quirky and artistic thirteen-year-old sister.

4. I have an obsession with literary webseries on YouTube. They are like....literally my favorite thing. (The best ones are Emma Approved, In Earnest and Green Gables Fables.)

5. After I watched the movie A Walk to Remember for the first time I made a life list like the one she has in the movie with 100 items on it. I'm still pretty proud of said list.

6. My ancestry is mainly Italian and I have a dream to visit Italy one day.

7. I really, really, really want to travel the world and experience new places and cultures.

8. I have a strange fascination with names. Names of anything, but mostly people. It's just so interesting the things people name their children, haha. I have an obsession with baby name trivia quizzes

9. I have actually written a novel of over 100 pages which I don't think anyone will ever see because I wrote it for mainly therapeutic purposes

10. I absolutely adore singing and I pretty much constantly am.

11. My first blog when I was 11 had the very alliterative title of Lulubelle Learns. And a giant picture of my face at the top of the webpage. Great memories haha

12. I've lived in New York and Arizona but I barely remember either as I've lived in my current house for the past ten years of my life.

13. My current favorite scripture is Isaiah 12:2

14. One of my biggest pet peeves is having jagged or uneven nails. I pretty much die inside whenever I break a nail.

15. My hair is in braids about 50% of the time.

16. When I was younger I had an adorable parakeet named Birdo II who died of food poisoning :(

17. The first real play I was in was A Midsummer Night's Dream steampunk style and I played Hermia.

18. I have a major addiction to the sky :)

Thanks for reading! If you'd like to check out my blog post on 18 things I've learned in 18 years go here: http://pocketfulofpoetry.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment